You can speed up the documentation process by making a copy of an existing run record. This is useful when you are picking up a repeat patient or when you have multiple patients involved in the same incident. You can specify exactly what data is copied to the new incident, including incident data, dispatch IDs, patient names, trauma details, and more.
To Copy an Existing Run Record
- Locate the original run on the Recent Records window.
- Click Actions () at the right of the record's row.
- Select Copy from the list. The Copy Record window opens.
You have the following choices in the Pickup & Destination Location section:
- Copy selected location(s) as is – Select this option to copy both the Pickup and Destination locations to the copied run record.
- Copy only destination to Pickup – Select this option to copy the Destination location into the Pickup location in the new copied record.
- Copy & Swap both locations – Select this option to copy and then reverse the Pickup and Destination locations to the new copied record.
- Incident—After you check the Incident box, you may choose to deselect Dispatch ID and/or Response Number.
- Patient—After you check the Patient box, you may choose to deselect Same Patient and/or Family Member.
- Chief Complaint
- Medical History
- Sketch Pad
- Call Times from Events
- Insurance & Payment
Click Create Run, then confirm that you want a copy by clicking Yes in the confirmation window.