The Notifications tab allows you to send notifications informing users of deadlines, invalid submissions, and more. Two types of notifications are available: Standard and Automated. When sending a Standard or Automated notification, you can choose to customize the alert format by creating a unique notification template.
To Create a Notification Template
Note: The images in the procedure reflect the pages as seen by DOH Administrators. What you see may be slightly different if you are not a Department of Health System Administrator.
From any page, go to Notifications:Templates. The Notification Templates page opens.
Click Create Template. The Create Template page opens.
Enter information in the fields, adding variables as applicable.
(Note: The available variables connected with the Add Variable buttons are set by your department.)
Once the template has been created, you can use it to send standard notifications. If you are a DOH Administrator, you can also use templates to send automated notifications.
To Delete a Standard Notification
- Click the notification's name in the list on the Notification Templates page.
- On the Edit Template page, click Inactive and Save.
- On the Notification Templates page, note that the trash can for that notification is enabled (blue). Click the trash can, and click OK to confirm.
Notification Template Fields
- Name—A name for the template
- Template Type—Type of template you want to create
- Status—Whether the template is Active or Inactive
- Inactive templates cannot be selected for standard notifications
- Subject—Subject of the message
- Message—Message content
- If you click Add Variable at the top of the Message section, you can have the notification open with a personalized greeting. For example, if you typed "Dear [space]" then added the variable Department Name, then typed "[space] Team," the recipients' messages would open with "Dear My Department Team."
- Send Test Email—To send yourself a test email before sending the notification, verify your email address, and click Send Email.